Do you set goals for the new year? The more I listen to and learn from successful people the more I hear the same thing: When you make goals and write down your goals they get programmed in your mind.
What you focus on, you find.
Let’s start by defining GOALS. Goals are not “dreams.”
The difference between a dream and a goal is dreams are a fantasy, the have no boundaries. Dreams can guide your passions, yes. However, dreams are a goal without legs. Goals are a clear and vivid target that you want to attain. “SEE THE TARGET. HIT THE TARGET.” Goals are always accompanied by a plan and action.
How do you set goals?
- Decide what you want to accomplish
- Devise a plan with small action steps
- Work on the plan to achieve your desired results
This week, I attended a goal setting workshop. I loved how they separated goals into categories: Faith, Family, Business/Work, Fun, Fitness and Health, and FREAKY (goals that literally freak you out!).
Tips for setting goals:
- choose goals that are worthwhile
- opt for goals that are achievable
- make your goals specific
- be committed to your goals
I liked the SMART acronym that we used in my training.
S – Specific
M – Measurable
A – Attainable
R – Relevant
T – Timely
How to start?
Write down your goals for each category. Remember, what you focus on you find. So focusing on your goals is going to keep those goals in the forefront of your mind. You will think of your goals, envision yourself accomplishing those goals, and therefore get into action.
Each goal should have action steps. How are you going to achieve that goal? What is one thing you can do every day to move toward that goal. Here’s another …Read More
At the name of Jesus every knee should bow … and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Jesus is the name above every name.
He is King of kings and Lord of lords.
Because he is the Lord of all lords, we must be faithful servants, submissive and obedient to his orders.
How do we submit to God?
- Salvation. “If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:9
- Seek to know Him better through His word. “Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night” Psalm 1:1-2
- Show Christ’s love
- Telling others the Good News
MIGHTY GOD is a descriptive name of Jesus emphasizing his might. In Hebrew, the name “God Almighty” is written as El Shaddai, meaning, “God, the All-powerful One.” The name MIGHTY GOD means He has all might and power.
We are first introduced to this name in Genesis 17:1 when God appeared to Abram and said, “I am God Almighty; walk before me and be blameless.” When we view God as the Almighty, we are in awe of His power and by the fact that He is indeed a great, mighty, and awesome God. The name MIGHTY GOD establishes the sense of awe and wonder we have toward Him and the realization that He is God above all things without limitation.
How do we call upon this name of Jesus?
Whenever God allows us to experience circumstances we think are too difficult, we need to fix our eyes on Jesus, on our MIGHTY GOD, so that we may not grow weary and lose heart.
When we are crippled by fear, when all we see is hurt and difficulty, we must look to Jesus, our MIGHTY GOD, the One Who is always mighty to save. The one who can may calm the storms around us (Mark 4:39), and also calm the storms within us! Nothing is to difficult for our MIGHTY GOD. He is mighty to save.
The Lord your God is with you,
the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you;
in his love he will no longer rebuke you,
but will rejoice over you with singing.” Zephania 3:17
Jesus, you are mighty to save. I know that in you and through you nothing is too difficult. You calm the storms around me and in me. Through you I will not grow weary. …Read More
We are so excited about December, the month to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior, JESUS!
He is THE REASON for this season, and all month long we will be focusing on the NAMES OF JESUS so we can better honor, praise, and serve Him this Christmas season.
A great way to incorporate the names of Jesus in your house is with these “Adorenaments” from Family Life Today.
Rachel displayed hers this year on the wooden Christmas trees her husband, Aaron built for her. Add some lights, and voila! The perfect decor!
Do you like to craft in December?
My kids are ALWAYS asking to craft and make ornaments. I’m really looking forward to trying these crafts from “5-minute crafts!”
Let us know if you try any of these!…Read More
During the holiday season I’m thankful and grateful to simple and nourishing grab and go snacks.
This is a great one to add to your favorites!
Pumpkin Spice Protein Balls
1/2 c peanut butter
1/2 c Pumpkin Spice Protein
3 TBS maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 c oats
1 tsp cinnamon
1 TBS flax seed meal
1 TBS hemp seeds
(optional ADD Chocolate chips)
Combine all ingredients. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Roll into balls. Eat some. Save some. Store in refrigerator.
T H I S.
This is what possibility looks like.
Do you ever stop to ask yourself if MORE is possible? God desires GREAT things for our lives. He wants to work IN us and THROUGH us. But we have to TRUST. We have to get OUT of our comfort zones to do great things!
I’ve been on the other side- – when I couldn’t see past my own day, my own struggles. When “extras” like dance class just weren’t in the cards.
So I set out to change my mindset. To believe in the WHAT IFS. To seize an opportunity to help my family and others DO MORE.
To take an opportunity that allows us to have more choice and RUN WITH IT.
I’m so grateful every day that I said yes. I’m so grateful every day to wake up and wonder “WHAT IS POSSIBLE TODAY?” or “WHO CAN I BLESS TODAY?”
The best thing about this opportunity is seeing the joy on my children’s faces when they attend their extra activities (that we can now pay for EVERY month!!). The best thing about this opportunity is hearing the stories of lives changes by health, of lives changed by connection, of lives changed by HOPE and freedom to do more!
“Anything is possible” is a great way to spend your days!!!
Happy Halloween from the Growing Weisser Family!
We have ALWAYS loved dressing up and we have a family history in photo albums to prove it. Sharing the love of dressing up and holiday fun with our children is such a gift.
We hope that you have a wonderful and safe Halloween.
Here are our costumes from this year!!
My cooking style is simple. I check a recipe before I put it on my meal planning list. If it has too many ingredients or steps, it does not make the cut. No matter how good it might be. Because chances are, I’m doing 10 other things while making dinner. That’s just the life of a mom, right?!!
So these simple and delicious Sweet Potato Ground Chicken Burgers definitely make the cut!
Gather your ingredients and prepare to wow your family’s taste buds.
Sweet Potato Ground Chicken Burgers
adapted from Dashing Dish
- 1 package (about 1.25 lbs) Ground chicken or Lean ground turkey (Ground chicken is much more moist which allowed the burgers to stick together better)
- 1 Medium sweet potato (*see below for simple directions for steaming your sweet potato)
- 1 cup Chopped fresh spinach
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1 TBS coconut aminos
- Whole grain buns (or lettuce wraps) for serving
*Simple directions to cook sweet potato: Peel and cut off ends. Cube into 1/2in cubes. Place in a pot and cover with water. Bring water to boil and continue to boil until you can easily pierce with a fork. You want the potatoes tender, not mushy. 8-12 minutes depending on the size of your sweet potato.
- Precook the sweet potato using method above. Mash with a potato masher. Let cool.
- Combine the ground chicken, cooled sweet potato, spinach, coconut aminos and seasonings into a large bowl.
- Turn on your pans. Lightly coat with a non stick spray or coconut oil if needed.
- Form into patties. I can usually make enough for 8 patties.
- Cook about 5-6 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Serve with a whole grain bun, lettuce wrapped, or bun-less with a side
FALL IS HERE!
And even though the weather in Sunny Southern California has yet to receive the memo, we are still VERY excited. To me, Fall means holidays, celebrations, food, and fun.
BUT–it can also mean BUSY BUSY BUSY.
So how to we find inspiration to have fun and make the most of this time of year without getting caught up in the fast pace of it all?
- Make Lists – write down what is MOST important to you. Make time for what matters most, leave a little time for last minute plans, and be prepared to say no to things that don’t make the list.
- Evaluate your goals – what is the motivation behind things you want to do or accomplish. This will help you see what is most important! Things that have meaning have value and will be more likely to get done!
- Stay Active – many people are waiting until January to start new fitness goals, but WHY WAIT?!! Wouldn’t it be SO MUCH BETTER to enter the Fall season with energy and feeling great! Schedule in your workouts. Make plans to meet friends for accountability. Sign up for a new class to challenge yourself!
- Eat Nourishing Food – Health is SUPER important to our family and we would love to make a plan with you to make the Fall season your healthiest yet!!! (Email us email@example.com or message us on Facebook or Instagram).
- Have quiet time – schedule in time for quiet. My favorite is first thing in the morning for devotions and yoga before my kids wake up.
- SERVE – Do unto others! This is a great time of year to take the focus off you. This can be something big, like volunteering, or something small, like taking a special meal or treat to a