I love to bake. This pregnancy my nursery nesting has been shifted into baking. Minus the dishes after, baking is what relaxes me and I love being able to share what I bake with others. So, when I found this new cookie recipe with NO white flour and NO sugar and just 2 TBS of butter, I had to try it. I adjusted it to make it just a little more delicious with some of my favorite baking go-to ingredients. As you move forward into this new school year and holiday season, don’t be afraid to try new things in the kitchen! Something might surprise you 🙂
1 Cup Oats
3/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 TBS Cinnamon
Scant 1/2 tsp Salt
2 TBS Butter, melted
2 tsp Vanilla
1/2 Cup Honey
3/4 Cup Chocolate Chips
Adapted from The Food Charlatan
The How To…
- Add all the dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, melt the butter. Add egg and beat together. Add the vanilla and honey and mix well.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients in the large bowl.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Shape the dough into large balls, place on prepared cookie sheet and slightly press down.
- Bake at 325 for 10-12 minutes or until they start to brown on the edges.
- As soon as you pull them out of the oven, press 3-5 chocolate chips into the tops of each cookie.
Makes 12-18 cookies